Thursday 19 September 2013

Overlay work diary

Work Diary

     Today I shot pictures to produce an overlay technique in photoshop which is a variation of multiple imagery. I did this on a location shoot where I had to take two separate pictures one being of a head shot and another picture of texture/pattern to overlay it. I liked doing this technique compared to other multiple imagery as it enables you to have more creative control over the outcome of the pictures as you can choose what you rub out and keep whilst just generally experimenting.
This is the first picture I took and edited. I don't think this one is too interesting. I prefer the lower picture as I experimented with the opacity more and I think the two pictures look like the go together unlike my first example. To improve on these pictures I think I could find patterns with more vibrant colours to overlay as I think it would have a more powerful effect than the particular ones I took on this shoot.


There are ways I could incorporate this technique in to my personal project, for instance if I was doing a fashion advertisement/marketing shoot i could take pictures of the clothes/person whereing the clothes and overlay it on to a interesting background to make the photos have more of a dramatic impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment