Monday 30 September 2013

personal shoot work record 1

existing advertisements

what I plan to do: today I plan to shoot existing advertisement/shop windows on a location shoot around harlow. I will focus on existing logos and shop names. I also want to experiment with capturing reflections of people in shops window displays.

what I hope to achieve: I hope to achieve photos that show the advertising side of window displays and the thought that goes into how they are put together but also how they are viewed by the public.

What I actually achieved: Overall I am disappointed with the outcome of this shoot as it was not very successful, I think this is most likely to be down to lack of thorough planning beforehand. Doing this shoot has made me realise to achieve the pictures I want I must have a proper plan before I go out to shoot if I want to be able to capture pictures I am pleased with.

Here are some examples of the pictures I got from the shoot:
I do not like this picture as I think there really isn't much too it and does not have any of the meaning behind it that I wanted to.  

This is probably the best picture from my shoot although I am still not exactly pleased with it, I think it's the closet I got to what I planned. However I think that from taking this picture I would be able to develop it further thus making it more related to my chosen personal project.

What I plan to do next: firstly I am going to work on my other ideas for my personal project, but I will come back to this shoot and make my developmental ideas for example regarding my second example picture. I want to take pictures with models in front of the shop window impersonating and trying to be like the manikins as this is critical in marketing as mannequins and models are used on the tv to promote a product or clothes as you want to aspire to be like them so you will buy the clothes they are wearing or the make up they are promoting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment