Thursday 17 October 2013

work diary- slow sync

     Today I shot slow sync in the studio, slow sync enabled me to capture movement slightly cleared than if I was just doing blurring. To achieve this I had to reduce the shutter speed and set up for the flash to be fired when the picture was about to be taken. The most difficult thing about this shoot was ensuring that the light did not hit the black background and make sure the model is standing in the light (redhead) I think this technique could fit in to my personal project if I was to take some action shoots like bmx riding/skateboarding to promote an energy drink as the technique would suit the picture. 


Here are two examples of the shots I achieved from the shoot, I think they show the technique of slow sync rather well as it is evident that they are similar to blurr but slightly more sharper which is primarily the point the of the technique. I think the second photo is the stronger one out of the two as the movement is blurred next to a clear sharper picture of the model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment