Thursday 10 October 2013

work record

What I plan to do:
I plan to do a studio shoot and take headshot beauty shots which would be used for makeup campaigns/advertising. I then want to apply makeup on photoshop. To plan for this shoot I need to book the studio and set it up using the ring flash.

What I hope to achieve:
I want my photoshop editing to make the models 'makeup' look flawless but not too plastic looking. I also want to make sure I am using ring flash properly as last time I used it I kept getting the corners of the light in my shot which I then had to crop out.

What I actually achieved:
This is my favourite picture from the shoot as the makeup stands out but it's still subtle enough for it not to be obvious that it's edited on afterwards. I also like the composition of this photo as I have included breathing space, as if it was an advert there would need to be space to add pictures/text. In this photo I also had my model right against the background so it makes a strong effective shadow all the way around her. 

I think this is one of my weaker photos as the makeup looks too drawn on, and the model positioning looks unnatural and posed. this is not what I would expect on a professional advert. 

What I plan to do next:
I plan to carry on developing this and add text and pictures of makeup to make them seem more like adverts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment